Are you a C+E Tramper driver looking for a new challenge with an expanding company?
Are you driven to succeed and eager to perform at your highest?
Are you customer focused and able to manage risks, delivering first class service in a safe and compliant way?
If you answered yes to the above, you could be the driver we are looking for.
NINE56 Ltd has expanded and we are now seeking drivers on permanent contracts to help us continue to grow. A small but growing haulage firm in Sheffield, our fleet comprises artics and vans, and we have vacancies for both drivers.
Driver – C+E Tramper
As an artic tramper for NINE56 Ltd you will be:
- Between 25 and 70 years of age. (Insurance Requirement).
- The holder of a C+E driving license for at least 1 year. (Insurance Requirement)
- The holder of a valid Driver CPC card with at least 1 year of banked training for each year of your current entitlement. (e.g. DCPC expires 2020, 2 x 7 hour sessions completed.)
- The holder of a valid Driver Card for digital tachographs.
- Physically fit and able to carry out manual handling. Tail lift deliveries are regular.
- Familiar with technology and able to adapt to new systems.
- Well-presented and able to hold a conversation in English.
- Willing and able to stay away all week.
You will also have:
- No more than 7 points on your driving license with no more than 3 for any one offense.
- No DR or DG endorsements.
- Good general geographical knowledge of the UK.
- A bit of patience, the M25 can be hell.
Full familiarisation training will be given to successful applicants but you will be a professional driver and a level of competence is expected.
Your duties will include:
- Daily walk around checks.
- Adherence to drivers hours and Working Time Directive Regulations.
- Using supplied materials to ensure load security at all times.
- Safely and effectively maneuvering your vehicle, where necessary among other road users while giving due consideration, space and time to smaller vehicles and in particular, vulnerable road users.
- Carrying out dynamic risk assessments and ensuring that freight is delivered in a way unlikely to cause harm to yourself or others.
- Using all safety equipment and PPE as required to complete assigned tasks incident free.
- Ensuring the secure transport of our client’s freight with particular attention to secure parking when on daily rest.
- Ensuring the secure storage and taking suitable steps to prevent theft of equipment issued to the vehicle and/or the driver during the course of the work.
- Assisting but not being responsible for the security of client sites.
- Ensuring the security of client and confidential data used by the driver in the course of the work.
- Presenting a professional image at all times to the customers and clients.
- Ensuring assigned vehicle bodies are maintained in a clean condition.
- Ensuring assigned vehicle interiors are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition.
Other reasonable tasks as requested by supervisory personnel.
In return you will receive:
- £27,500 – £30,000 per year depending on experience and assessed drive.
- £25 per night Subsistence Allowance (Nights Out).
- 28 days holiday per year, (including statutory holidays). You may be required to work occasional bank holidays in return for a day off in lieu.
- Modern, clean and efficient trucks. Both of our tractor units are Euro 6 Renault Range Ts with fridge and a large capacity inverter fitted for driver comfort. Our trailer fleet is undergoing renewal.
- Uniform, (after probationary period).
- All required PPE.
- Regular training, including Driver CPC modules.
- Other benefits.
- 1 driver 1 vehicle policy so no cab sharing.